Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Toothy adventures

A little while ago, I chipped a tooth. Let's just say I've learned that when I'm trying to eat something which turns out to be harder than I thought, I no longer think that I can still crush it with my mighty super-hero teeth.

And now I need to go to the dreaded dentist. Or so the logical part of my brain likes to tell me. Then there's the not-so-logical part, which likes to point out that the worst thing that can happen, is that it dies and falls out. And you can't even see it unless I do this:




There aren't really a lot of situations where that facial expression is called for.

3 comments:

Lil said...

I chipped a front tooth. With a sword. In fencing class.

While taking it out of the rack (where are the eye roll emoticons when you need them).

Dentists always want to fix it, but since it's only a cosmetic thing I can't be bothered.

Plus it gives me a totally rakish, ass-kicker look.

OK, not really, I just look like an middle-aged lady with a chipped tooth.

But in my head I look like a rakish ass-kicker, I do.

Secret Agent Woman said...

You know, you're face is going to freeze like that...

I chipped one of my upper incisors when I was a kid, racing my brother to get to the bathroom first. I hit the wall. And it's still chipped.

choochoo said...

Lil - so the dude/girl you were fencing sliced a piece off of your tooth? They were either really bad or totally awesome with a sword.

Agent - I walk into walls all the time, but that doesn't seem to do me any harm.