Pages

Monday, October 05, 2009

30 going on 13


Those of you who have been paying attention, may have discovered that I recently moved in with my mums (lesbians) since I’m wrapping up the last parts of my thesis (gaaah!) and have yet to find a job (moneymoneymoney).

Tonight I watched “13 going on 30,” which is a rather silly movie about a 13 year old girl who suddenly wakes up one morning to find that she’s been turned into a 30 year old woman. I’m doing that in reverse. One day I’m living the grown-up life in my own place, the next day I wake up here and it’s like I’ve reverted back to my teens. Cause your parents will never, ever stop parenting you, see. It doesn’t matter if you’re 80 and they’re 110, bedridden and can’t speak – they’ll still use handsignals to tell you that you’re not eating enough and that you should put on a jacket if you’re going outside.

One freakish fact of science or physics, or whatever, is that women who live together adopt the same cycle. If you’re sitting there, wondering what I just said, you should have paid more attention in health class, you lazy bum. Anyways, my mum had a hysterectomy ages ago, so she’s out of the running, but my step-mum turned to me the other day and said: “are we having our period soon?”

I want a job.

Now listen to the pretty song:

http://www.stumbleaudio.com/share/mevmusic/12

6 comments:

mr.unemployed said...

*reaches for the brain-bleach*

Jazz said...

When you're at the point of synchronizing periods with your step mom... well that's just wrong. On a whole lot of levels.

You definitely need a job. Oh yeah.

Brain-bleach. I'll have to remember that.

Adele said...

My mum informed me that I was heading towards diabetes (i'm overweight) while making me ice my brothers wedding cakes (nearly 200 fairy cakes) that seems cruel.

Jocelyn said...

And so the cycles align. You've just taken me back to my sophomore year of college, when I lived in a sextet--yea, with five other broads. By November of that year, we were one scary lot...at least one week a month.

But at least our moms weren't there.

lime said...

oh lordy, praying you find a job soon. that's just plain disturbing.

choochoo said...

mr. unemployed - Nyahahaha :P

Jazz - I hear ya.

Hagelrat - if it was me, I'd be lickin the icing of the cakes after that one.

Jocelyn - I'm scary all onto myself.

Lime - pray hard.