Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Would I shoot you? Why, of course not...

A few years ago, I read a Garfield strip where Garfield's owner asked him and his not-so-furry canine bud if they wanted to go for a walk. It went something along the lines of "Do you wanna go for a walk.... Do you?..... Do you?..... You wanna go walkies?.... Do you?..... Do you?" and so on and so forth. All the while, his pets were becoming more and more frenzied, until they turned on him.

Then, last night, there was a story in the news about some guy in Bosnia who had been out fox hunting (shame on him) with his dog. He'd been minding his own business, when he suddenly heard a shot and felt a sting in his leg. He turned around and saw Man's Best Friend with its hairy paw on the trigger. They say that he might have to amputate his foot. I bet he was one of those walkies-people and his pooch knew how to hold a grudge.

Then again, if I had some weirdo following me around wherever I went, collecting my poops, I'd probably shoot him, too...


Pic of pug by Chance Agrella for http://www.freerangestock.com/details.php?gid=&sgid=&pid=1460

17 comments:

Tisha! said...

so would I!

none said...

Fox hunting isn't so bad. Sometimes the predators need to be hunted to keep things in balance.

Dogs shoot their owners all the time. Serves em right for leaving a
gun un-attended without the saftey engaged.

Jazz said...

So I take it it's a matter of time before the pooch turns on you. After all, you do make her live in Hellhole.

mist1 said...

I wish someone would walk around behind me cleaning up my messes.

ticknart said...

Have you seen the movie Bowling for Columbine? It has this moment of video tape that shows hunters dressing their dog up in hunting gear and putting a gun in its paws to take a picture and it shot one of them. That's what this story made me think of.

Oh, and a back cover to a Mad Magazine that shows a deer in hunter's gear with a rifle. It's an add for the NRA, Nature's Revenge Association.

And a Calvin and Hobbes strip where Calvin read a story to his class about deer hunting humans to thin out the herd a little.

I can't find either of those things online to show off. If I had a scanner, I'd totally put them up for everyone to see.

Nicki said...

When I get agitated at my cats being underfoot, I turn the tables and start following them, really close. It freaks them out.

Jocelyn said...

So what you're trying to say is that I should stop following you and picking up your poops?

jillie said...

OMG...that's so funny but then again it's not. But hey...that's what he gets for fox hunting! Maybe the dog and the fox were conspiring against him...Hmmmm!!!!

Looks like no walkie for him for a while!

Evil Spock said...

Dogs are all just waiting for the right moment. Pardon the pun, but he jumped the gun.

Evil Spock thinks it'll go down a lot like Children of the Corn, but with canines.

Steven said...

This is why I own cats ;)

Steve~

Rain said...

I'm with the dog, the owner must have deserved it!

Hageltoast said...

i'm not anti fox hunting but yay for pooch anyway.

Tim Rice said...

Fascinating story! I never heard of a dog shooting a gun before. But I don't own a gun so no pet will shoot me with a gun from my home. :)

choochoo said...

Tisha - I think it's a perfectly understandeble reaction:)

Hammer - Or maybe it's doggie mind control.

Jazz - Strangely enough, the pooch seems to like Hellhole...

Mist1 - I'm sure you can hire someone for that sort of thing.

Ticknart - I've seen it:) lol

Freak magnet - They're not armed, are they?

Jocelyn - Not as long as you keep paying me for them.

Jillie - And then walkie with limpy for a while

Evil Spock - It just might. And when it happens, I'm gonna start getting puppies for ppl I don't like

Steve - Cats are totaly in on it:P

Rain - I'm with the dog, too. They'll never make the charges stick.

Toasty - Maybe the pooch and the fox were working together

Tim - Me neither. But my dog does throw her ball at me every once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Serves him right for leaving his gun lying around.

Ron Davison said...

One of my favorite cartoons shows two dogs talking. One says, "Love me? They collect my poop."

choochoo said...

Msdemmie - true.

Ron - it is a strange kinda love. lol