Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Vacationess

That can be a word, right? Sure it can!

We went to Skagen on Monday and got home late last night. Skagen is a funny sort of a coastal town. For one thing, almost all the houses are yellow. I don't know what it was that made almost everyone paint everything that colour, but it's apparently referred to as "the yellow fever." It was nice and sunny. I wore a dress and was girly (autocorrect wanted to make that Gorky. What the hell?) the whole time. We stuffed ourselves with ice cream and pies and such. I have yet to see if my pants still fit... I might just save that for tomorrow. 

BBQ glory. Whoever decided to make sausages full of cheese, needs to be awarded a something-or-other.
Lovely fish restaurant on the harbour. Bonus: I feel very mature every time I eat at a fish restaurant. 
Le Harbour. I would love to have a boat. I just don't want to pay for one or take care of one. The mums have one. It's a moving target for seagulls. I figure that I have enough poop-maintenance from Pooch. 
See? Yellow. And white details. Pretty.  That place has awesome coffee, by the way. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm sausage with cheese. Love it.

Secret Agent Woman said...

You feel mature at fish restaurants?? Why? Since seafood is the only sort of animal flesh I eat, pretty much every restaurant I go to serves fish.

choochoo said...

Because when I was a kid, my mum made me eat fish and I thought it was a yucky grown-up thing.