Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tuna & Thesis

.I have never been a breakfast person. My stomach wakes up around noon, completely independent of when the rest of me wrangles itself out of bed. Every once in a while I do make an exception. This is mostly because I feel like I should. I've had my head piped full of “breakfast is the most important meal of the day” and stuff like that, ever since I was a kid.

The other day was a forced exception. My step-sister came over for breakfast. Technically, I suppose it was more of an early lunch, but my stomach wasn’t awake yet at any rate. I sat down at the kitchen table and started making a tuna sandwich.

“mayo…adding tuna…one, two, three slices of pickle…” I said, carefully documenting everything, not because I didn’t know how to build a tuna sandwich, but because I’m not all that accustomed to preparing breakfast and so it took a bit of concentration. I realized that I didn't have to narrate the entire birth of my sandwich, but I was on a funny sort of an auto pilot.

At some point The Step-Sister asked about The Thesis (of doom) and I gave out my standard reply, all the while intensely focused on the collection of bread, salads and whatnots on my plate. Then she and The Step-Mum chattered on for a bit, before she turned back to me and asked “are you nearing the end of it soon?”

I carefully examined my sandwich and responded: “yeah, just about done now. It just needs a bit more lettuce.”

Lesson learned: drink more coffee before breakfast.

6 comments:

Jazz said...

Seems to me like your brain is as much the problem as your stomach.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TApJiAmrqsk

Jocelyn said...

What I like is that she didn't ask, "You're making a tuna sandwich for breakfast?"

tomshideaway said...

I think you needed more pickles but that just me.

choochoo said...

Jazz - sometimes I think my brain and my stomach is much the same thing.

Anonymous - alrighty then

Jocelyn - today I'll have an eggroll for breakfast.

Tom - I know, I know. The jar was almost empty.

thesis writing said...

this kind of blog always useful for blog readers, it helps people during research. your post is one of the same for blog readers.