Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Oh, the subtlety

So I picked up on your discrete hints and the word verification on this blog should now be gone.

Might I just say that HOLY CRAP was that thing unwilling to die quietly. I keep looking over my shoulder in case this is going to be like one of those horror sci-fi films where the computer decides to fight back.

In further news, this just moved in:





It's the world ugliest soup tureen. I love it. I don't know why. I think it's the same thing that makes people fall in love with rescue pets that are, say, missing an eyeball and maybe a couple of legs. Not only does it have weird flowers everywhere, it's also painted in a way that makes it appear to have been sculpted out of mashed potatoes. And it has a miserable looking face! Hint: the roses are the eyes.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you decided to love it. And I think you're right, it is the ugliest soup tureen in the world, nay, the universe. Maybe we should all post pics of our useless inherited soup tureens. Mine is nowhere near as ugly as yours though.

Ian Lidster said...

I love you for killing the word verification and love you even more for that bizarre tureen.

choochoo said...

Jazz - yay, I win!

Ian - both are valid reasons.

Secret Agent Woman said...

It has an owlish face And it reminds me of my favorite great-aunt who was eccentric as all hell but a sweetheart.

And yay on killing word verification!!!