Pages

Sunday, March 03, 2013

Long live things and stuff!

So last week I was extreeeeeeemely Hormonal, with a capital H. Now, most months I can do the whole period thing and remain relatively sane, but once in a blue moon I would probably be better off locked up inside a room with soft walls. This was one of those months.

Little things that would normally only be a mild annoyance, we're suddenly doing my head in. Especially the boxes and piles of stuff that were occupying corners of every room throughout the house. Our basement is no good for storage, because it's too wet, and organising storage in other ways was one of those things that we were always talking about, but never got around to doing. So these little areas of every room pretty much looked like something exploded.

Then the mums announced that they were visiting.

Drastic tidying up was necessary. However, no matter how much time I spent tidying and prettifying parts of various rooms, I would always be able to see these little sectors of absolute chaos out of the corner of my eye. It was really frustrating. Then the frustration would turn in to fits of pick-things-up-and-throw-them rage. Then that, in turn, would lead to all kinds of sobbing and blubbering, because clearly I had gone completely completely batcrap crazy.

After two days of that, the mister was extremely motivated to go out and buy storage furniture. everything looks nice and grown-up now. We could totally trick people into thinking we were adults, if we invited them over.

Now look at this picture below, and tell me that this wouldn't be the perfect doggy bed for Pooch. Because the mister didn't think so, so he clearly needs to be shown the error of his ways.

(I'm kidding. No, I'm not. Yes, I am. Or am I?)



2 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

Well, bless your heart. (How's that for Southern?) I never had hormonal fluctuations that I was aware of, but of they lead you to buy that princess ned, I'm scared for you.

Lil said...

Ok, that is one ugly ass bed. Pooch would be humiliated.