Pages

Monday, January 08, 2007

Beware of the killer bunny!

Today I went grocery shopping, which – when you’re living in Hellhole – is pretty much the most interesting thing that’ll happen to me all day long. It was even raining. With all this excitement, I’m going to need a small nap later, or I’ll get cranky and difficult to be around.

After I got home, a friend stopped by to borrow something. She watched me quietly as I unloaded my recently purchased foodstuff from its yellow plastic bags, before she slowly picked up a packet of chicken filets, looked at it, looked at me, looked back at it and then at me again, before asking: “so you eat nothing but rabbit food then, huh?”

I think she sees rabbits pretty much the same way that Monty Python do...

8 comments:

Mr. Fabulous said...

What did she want to borrow?

Jazz said...

Life in Hellhole seems pretty much surreal...

furiousBall said...

Do you have huge pointy fangs?

Steven Novak said...

Some people call me....Tim. ;)

Steve~

ticknart said...

Unless, of course, she thought the chicken was rabbit and that's what she meant by "rabbit food."

choochoo said...

Mr. Fabulous - she ended up not borrowing anything, actually. I guess the groceries distracted her.

Jazz - indeed it is

Furiousball - I have one fang. I keep it in a drawer in the bathroom.

Steve - Can I call you Joe?

Ticknart - that would either make it more logical or even more disturbing...

mist1 said...

Rabbit tastes like chicken.

choochoo said...

Mist1 - so do people. Or do people taste like rabbit? Hmm...