Pages

Saturday, August 01, 2009

I'm moving to Mars next week, so if you have any boxes...

Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to live on a hill with grassy fields and trees and stuff. This was a big deal to me. Hills always looked sunnier and warmer than anywhere else, even in the dead of winter when everything was dark and frigid. For the past year, I have lived on a hill. I have learned something: hills are overrated.

Nobody ever builds anything of any real importance on top of a hill. Then everyone who doesn’t live on the hill would have to climb it in order to get to whatever-it-is. Let’s face it – sivil wars have started over less than that.

I also noticed something else odd… Ever since I moved up the hill, my food budget has swelled out of all proportion and no matter how much time I spent pondering this mystery, it remained just that; a mystery. Until this morning, when I suddenly experienced a brainflash.

It’s the hill.

See, whenever I need to do anything outside the house, the something that I need to do is always below the hill. So I need to go down the hill to get there, then drag my carcass back up to get here. Clearly I need more fuel in order to pull this off. Actually, things like grocery shopping makes it worse. First I need to buy food in order to eat food so that I can make it up and down the hill, but the more weight I carry, the more fuel I’m gonna need, so then I have to buy more groceries, which leads to more weight being carried and so on and so forth. It’s an evil circle, really.

Good thing I’m moving now, before I’m faced with financial ruin…

Today's theme song:


7 comments:

Alex said...

if you need help carrying stuff, I'd be happy to stand nearby and say encouraging things. You know, for extra strenght.

King of Scots said...

The only time you can have too much fuel, is when you're on fire!

Big Brother said...

Another move... well at least it'll be downhill from there. ;o)

choochoo said...

Alex - ye'r a prince...

KoF - mr philosophy XD

Big brother - let's hope :D

Jazz said...

I'm not quite certain Mars will have you.

choochoo said...

Of course they will. And they're gonna like it too, dammit!

tomshideaway said...

IO lived on a hill once and had to walk up and down to the train every day for the commute, Awful !! Still better than living in a hole or southern Illinois wear everything is flat as a pancake as far as the eye can see!!