Pages

Thursday, September 07, 2006

A forest adventure...

Today somebody gave me one of those little gadgets that counts how many steps you take. You're supposed to take 10000 steps a day. Apparently the WHO came up with that. And what better way to test my new toy, I thought, than to take the dog for a walk in the woods.

What I didn't consider, however, was all I'd had to drink just a moment earlier. After having walked for about an hour, nature decided to call. Or scream. So... I had to make a little detour off the path. When I was sure nobody would see me, I tied the dog to a tree and chose a nice spot.

Now, before you can do you business in the woods, you have to break down a kinda psychological barrier. Well, I have to, anyway. My potty training was really efficient, I guess. As soon as the dog realized what I was up to, she stared at me in utter fascination. And when she's fascinated by something, she looks a bit like Benny Hill. The whole process took forever, because if you think it's hard to pee outside, you can only imagine how hard it is with Benny Hill staring at you.

But I learned something important today: When you've poured down a huge softdrink, you shouldn't top it off with something diuretic, like a large cup of coffee...

5 comments:

Hageltoast said...

I go camping sometimes int he summer and the sense of freedom that came from my first proper camping pee, squatted behind a hedge in the dark was awesome. :) You are probably now worried about my mental health, don't be, I don't have any to worry about. ;)

choochoo said...

I always knew that;)

Hageltoast said...

lol, and yeah i can quite see why family gets excluded from the blog. :)

Jazz said...

So, did you do your 10,000 steps? Or did you pee on your pedometer?


Oh, and Toastie? It really doesn't take much for you to fee free, does it? :-p

choochoo said...

jupp, I did all my steps and then some. And i didn't pee on anything that I wasn't actively trying to pee on, so there.