Pages

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Bah, humbug!

I woke up today with a major, throbbing ouch(!!!) in my left arm. I figure that it stems from either sitting by the computer for hours on end, trying to finish the first draft of my termpaper on time, or it's the longest, most drawn-out heartattack in medical history...
There's nothing like a little surge of pain to make you really, truly grumpy in the morning. But being the industrious student *cough* that I am, I puttered off to my classes, after all.

An hour into my final class, the grumpyness returned with full force. I came to the decision that I had to get out of there or projectile vomit straight across the auditorium. The last option probably would have had some sort of negative consequenses, so I opted for running away. Or at the very least, walking very quickly.

And after spending all day being babbled at, I'm going to go take a painkiller, watch TV and feel sorry for myself.

6 comments:

Too_Lively said...

I hope you feel better.

My advice, as always no matter the situation, is to take a nap.

Unknown said...

Geez, it's really tough to be you, isn't it...

You're forgetting ice cream. There has to be ice cream if you're feeling sorry about yourself. I recommend Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia or Haagan Daasz Mayan Chocolate

choochoo said...

Too_Lively: napping is always a good idea. Always, always, always.

Lilian - I don't have any icecream. I might have to postpone the self-pity-thing until tomorrow...

Tim Rice said...

I don't know that I have anything new to offer; but I too hope that you feel better soon. A nap is especially good when one is not feeling well. And ice cream is always good for nursing feeling sorry for oneself -- as long as one doesn't become addicted to it. ;)

Take care of yourself.

Mike said...

Great, now I want some ice cream...

choochoo said...

Tim - When I have ice cream in my fridge, I'm definitly addicted until it's all gone. But when it's not in the house, I don't really feel like it much. It's really to chilly out for ice cream now, anyway.

Viking - I'll stick some on an elvelope and mail it to you:D