Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Holes

You come into the world equipped with a certain amount of holes, all for their own purposes. So far in my life, I’ve been quite content with those, and haven’t felt any particular need to add new ones. However, I’ve been getting earrings for Christmas every single year ever since I was about ten years old. And although the holes that nature supplies you with are all fine and dandy, you can’t really hang jewellery in them.

One fine morning (or perhaps it was afternoon. And it might have been raining) I decided to add more holes. In my ears, to be specific.

I went to the salon, and as of 13:00 today, I have a place to hang my earrings. Oddly enough, it didn’t hurt. It was just a bit like being pinched, really, and it left behind a slight tingly feeling. I’d have expected it to be painful when someone took a sharp piece of metal and shot it through you body. Go figure.

It did feel a bit odd when I walked home, though. Obviously the weight balance shifts a bit when you attach relatively large, fake diamond studs in your ears, and it felt like they were dangling in the wind, although I realise that they weren’t. Not really. I checked in front of the mirror when I got home, just to make sure.

4 comments:

Jazz said...

Now that you've taken the first step, you can add more holes in your ears, navel, nose, tongue, nipples... The possibilities are endless!

choochoo said...

lions and tigers and bears - oh my.

I have no idea why I just said that:S

Tim Rice said...

But I think it sounded appropriate, choochoo. ;)

Don't think I'll say anything more. It's not quite my discussion. And maybe I said too much already.

I did once think about my ears pierced to impress a certain girl. But nothing ever came of that.

choochoo said...

Hmm. Well, if it doesn't take more than pierced ears to impress a girl, it might just be a little to easy:)