Pages

Friday, November 17, 2006

You can’t go out wearing that!


Rain, rain, rain and more rain. And after that, it’ll probably start raining again. My house is right next to a great big parking lot. Nobody ever uses it, so the clever politicians decided that there’s no point in maintaining it anymore, and it’s since been reduced to a collection of very impressive cracks and holes.

Before it started raining, it snowed for a while. Then the rain turned the snow into ice and the parking lot into a skating range, basically. A skating range with large pools built into it. As I walked across it to get to the bus stop, I tried my very best not to slip’n slide directly into one of them. I haven’t bathed in a puddle since I was a kid, and I can’t quite remember what it was about getting my pants full of muddy water that was so hysterically funny.

The morning bus was bursting with teenagers on their way to school, as usual. I don’t get that trend where guys wear pants that only cover the bottom half of their ass. And I really don’t understand wearing half-ass pants with white underwear in the rain, especially if you’re planning on doing a lot of bending over. I’m not interested in looking at either one of these guys' bums for at least another ten years, and probably not even then.



That’s not to say that I don’t have some strange things sitting in my closet, also. I have this huge belt, for instance. It’s got a bunch of gold plates on it. Someone gave it to me as a present once, and I’ve never worn it, because every time I look at it, all I can think is “heavyweight champion of the world.”

Then there was that period in the mid nineties, when I had the animal print outfits and ridiculous plateau shoes. Not to mention men’s shirts and big hats.

I’m hoping that in another ten years, I’ll be able to look back on myself without blushing from shame.



Hat pic by brndnprkns for www.Flickr.com

7 comments:

Jazz said...

You'll blush. We all do

ticknart said...

When I was younger, I was Mr. Neon. I wore clothes that were so bright people were blinded when they closed their eyes.

choochoo said...

Jazz - Well, at least everyone else will, also

Ticknart - I did the whole cyber thing. I looked like something out of Star Trek...

Steven said...

You were the heavyweight champion of the world?

Impressive. ;)

Steve~

choochoo said...

oh yeah. I totaly kick ass. lol

Tim Rice said...

Ah, fashions! :)

choochoo said...

I know. Go figure:)